Be You

   Welcome to the place. Somehow to another you've stumbled onto this blog, and we're meeting for the first time. Or maybe we've already met and you're reading this because you're a personal friend. Or maybe, we don't talk anymore but you wanted to see what I was up to. Under any circumstances, and whoever you are, I say welcome. 

    If you know me personally you know I'm goofy and sarcastic. You know I'm quiet and withdrawn. I'm an open book and hide darker secrets then you can imagine. I'm brutally honest, but often keep my opinion to myself. I love to run and then enjoy days where I don't move off the couch. Random, huh? I'm almost twenty-one... and if I've learned anything in the time I've been alive, is that life isn't usually how we plan. I'm a woman who's been through a lot and has the scars to prove it... but I'm a woman who's rising up and building a new life. One way I've been able to channel my energy and hobby is to empowering women with beauty products. 

    This blog focuses on beauty techniques. So why the intro to me? Do you know where the real beauty is found a in person? Inside, of course right? We've all heard the cliche. But here's the truth, YOU are the MOST beautiful when YOU are being... YOU. 

    I call myself the Lipstick Junkie because I love lipstick of all colors and hoard those little colored sticks (or liquid tubes) like gold. It's what I like and one of the ways I express myself. 

    I'm going to give you advice, show technique, and share what I learn. But here's the most important thing I will say, use my advice to express yourself. The natural girl, the goth, the princess, the grungy girl, etc. If you like it, then do it. Whether you are a benebabe, a Tom Ford model, or the Wet N' Wild kind of girl, you're all welcome here. 

   There are those moments when you find the product you love and you pay good money for it, whether that's a good 200$ or 2$. You like what you like. It's about time someone told you that's okay. It's about time someone told you to become a societal rule breaker. 

It's time someone told you it's okay to be you. You were created specifically to be you. So, find your style. Own it. And wear it like a boss.


Comments